• Legal Aid Committee offers legal aid and legal advice free of charge as a member service to HYY’s members, organisations operating under HYY and students of the University of the Arts.
• Legal Aid Committee provides its services in person, by telephone and by email.
• The Committee’s on-call hours during the academic terms of the University of Helsinki are at 5 pm – 7 pm on Mondays and Thursdays at Pykälä’s office at Mannerheimintie 3 B, 5th floor. Please check the schedule for on-call hours during summer below.
• The Committee helps in every legal issue (except in taxation), advises on legal documentation and reviews ready-made documents.
• The Committee does not represent its clients in official matters and/or in a court of law
• The Committee does not draft nor complete legal documents for its clients
On-call hours during summer
On-call hours of the Legal Aid Committee of Pykälä ry in the summer 2018 are every second Wednesday on 13 June, 27 June, 11 July, 25 July, 8 August and 22 August at 5 pm – 7 pm. You can contact the Committee by email or phone or visit the office during its on call-hours.
If you wish to visit the office during its on-call hours, we kindly ask you to call our service number and we will come open the door for you.
In need of legal advice? – Here’s what to do:
- Contact Legal Aid Committee by visiting our office at on-call hours, by phone or sending us email (contact information below)
- Start by describing your situation comprehensively – tell us from the start what has happened, who are involved and state your own interest in the case.
- All your information and documents will be handled confidentially
- In case you possess documents relevant to your case, we kindly ask you to bring these to our office or you can send them to us as email attachments
- If necessary, we may ask our clients to supply additional information by telephone or email
- We ask clients visiting our office to provide a student ID card or similar certificate to make sure the person in question is entitled to legal aid free of charge
- If you wish to contact us by email, we kindly ask you to use the email address the university has provided to you (helsinki.fi / siba.fi)
Cases and client information are considered privileged and confidential.
telephone: (09) 278 5005
address: Mannerheimintie 3B (5.krs), 00100 HELSINKI